From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:04:57 -0500
Hi!
My OB told me to do the same thing, but only because I had so much damage to
my nipples (they were a mess for 2 months!).  His reasoning was that the
saliva helps breaks down food for digestion and he didn't want the digestive
properties of the saliva to open up or irritate what had finally healed.  I
tried it for a while, but found it was more of a hassle than it was worth,
and as long as I had my baby latched properly (which was difficult!) I had no
problems.
Just my situation...
Jay

Who gets to help train our new Peer Councelors in 2 weeks!!!