Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2018 14:56:02 +0000
I have always been highly sceptical about growth spurts. If they existed we would *see* them reflected in the data-evidenced growth charts.

I talk about 'appetite spurts' and make it clear they can happen at any time and for sometimes unknown reasons. Responsive feeding - which is what we should be advocating - means babies can signal their needs to have more time and/or more episodes at the breast, and these needs can be met without a fuss or too much analysis :)

Being puzzled, or distressed, or frustrated because you don't know *why* the baby has changed a pattern you have become used to (always presuming the baby is healthy and thriving) is a waste of energy!

Heather Welford Neil
UK