From:
stemwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 12:12:19 PDT
My partner and I were able to get the White River Post opened. For those of you who were interested, here it is:
White River Concepts Introduces New Rental Program
September 24, 1998

San Clemente, CA-White River Concepts, a women's healthcare company specializing in a patented line of breast pumps and breastfeeding products announced it's new rental program.  The program is designed to create easier access to White River's line of innovative healthcare products to hospital, home healthcare dealers and breastfeeding professionals.

White River Concepts recognized a need for a unique breast pump rental program that facilitates the professional cleaning and sanitizing of breast pump equipment between rentals as well as the management of all FDA and JCAHO required documentation of medical equipment cleaning and processing.  Many hospitals have found that the cost of cleaning andf sanitizing electric rental breast pumps is prohibitive and many others have no formal protocol for reprocessing rental equipment after it's returned by the mother.

Asset management is key to the new program, with the ability to adjust inventory monthly to meet demand.  This important feature of the program allows breast pump rental businesses to become more profitable because pumps not in use at the end of the month may be returned and the monthly billing reduced.  In the event of a peak demand, additional pumps can be delivered within two business days. (One day delivery available in major metropolitan areas.)

The products available on the rental program include;
Model 9600-A four pound electric rental pump with carrying case and intermittent suction
Model 9050-A fully intermittent, hospital grade rental pump
Model 2000-A wall suction-driven intermittent breast pump which attaches to the central medical suction system to allow bedside pumping in postpartum, NICU and PICU

All White River breast pumps feature the patented Soft-Cup funnel, designed to suckle the breast like a nursing baby.  Mothers using the system report increased comfort, quicker pumping times and higher milk production.

"We are pleased to see that many high risk nurseries are recognizing the value of our products as an important tool in helping mothers provide a generous milk supply for their preterm infants.  Many hospital NICU department recommend our breast pumps as an intervention for mothers that have experienced a diminishing milk supply while using competitive brands of breast pumps," stated Kevin Morton, President of White River Concepts. "We're happy to provide a solution to one of the most frustrating problems that mothers of preterm infants and working mothers share--low milk production.  Usually within five days of converting to our breast pumps, mothers experience an increase in milk production."

For more information or to arrange the delivery of rental breast pumps, contact White River Customer Service (800) 824-6351.