From:
Terriann Shell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 12:19:39 -0700
I see much difficulty in trying to create a "recipe book" for
breastfeeding problems.  To discuss sore nipples alone, I could come up
with at least 50 reasons, if not double that, each requiring it's own
solution-

AND for each cause, there is a variety of solutions, of which even the
"experts" differ on the "best" solutions,

AND the solution needs to be taylored to the mother's various  factors
such as her expectations, abilitiy to cope, enviroment, support,
intelligence, etc.,

AND to give just a list of all possible souutions would be of little use
if any use unless you can evaluate the solutions for the best ones
fitting the particular situation.

It sounds like the sore nipple section alone could be a book legnth in
itself and we haven't even added any other common problem such as low
milk supply...

Sounds like the best "recipe" is a good education in lactation or a
referral to someone who has one.

Terriann Shell, Big Lake Alaska, where we had a snow today and my kids
went to the neighboorhood Easter Egg Hunt- in the snow!