From:
Melissa V Kirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 13:25:18 EST
I tried to post ithis privately because I know it will be controversial.
Unfortunately, the post came back to me, so I'm writing my thoughts here.

Perhaps this doctor should be reported to the appropriate medical
licensing board.  Additionally, maybe one of the mothers who had
breastfeeding fail because of this man should file a malpractice suit.

After Christmas, I would like to contact the Public Citizen Health
Research group to try and get that body to tackle this issue esp. in
light of the AAP recommendations. That group is critical of the way drug
companies operate with freebies, etc. which is the same way ABM companies
operates), as well as very vocal about bad doctors.   I have been saving
some of the horror stories I see on Lactnet and elsewhere (I will ask
permission before using them and of course, would delete names.)  Perhaps
others would also contact this group (website is WWW.citizen.org/hrg/)

Melissa Kirsch, speaking in her JD, not LLLL capacity.