From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:14:01 -0500
>Be careful with your choice of poster though - you don't want to get him off
>side now with an 'in your face' breastfeeding poster which some of the
>Infact posters are...
>
>I'd go a bit slower and maybe get one of the Great Masters paintings (OK if
>you can't afford the original I suppose a print will have to do :-)  ) or
>the Medela poster.

When INFACT looked at how people reacted to the posters, they found that
people at a mall thought they were great.  Health professionals thought
they were over the line.  Shows how unnecessarily cautious health
professionals are.  But they are.  (Although I wonder if the "This union
offers security, no dues, and great benefits" poster might appeal to him.)

I'd steer clear of the Medela poster, just because it's yet another
industry with "logo recognition".  Even if you cut Medela's name off,
anyone familiar with Medela products will still recognize the picture and
link it with the products.  This doctor doesn't want to make it clear that
he supports Medela, he wants to make it clear that he supports
breastfeeding, no strings attached.

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY