From:
Cindy Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 09:26:40 -0400
I think I am in a fortunate and perhaps unique situation. I have been an
RN for 11 years and worked in Maternity for 9 years, I became certified
as an IBCLC 3 yesrs ago. The way my hospital works is that I have 8
hours per week in 2 (4) hour blocks that I am only an LC and then I work
2-3 shifts per week as an RN and I usually take the bf moms as my
mother/baby pairs so they get extra breastfeeding help.

Occasionally I will get pulled into staffing on my LC days, but if this
happens I can make it up at another time that week.

I work in a samll rural hospital of about 350 - 400 birth per year and
so far this arangemnt has woked out well. The only problem is that
sometimes I dont have enough time to complete all my paper work and
reports as an LC. I also run the hospitals pump rental station.
In a way the hosp is getting a 2 for 1 withme, but in this case it works
out for the best for all of us.

--
Cindy

Cindy Curtis , RN , IBCLC