From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:04:39 +1100
I'm working on a paper at the moment that's looking at physiologically congruent care for babies (which of course incl close physical contact between babies and mums and frequent suckling) and part of my argument is that this sort of care maximises the opportuntiy for development of a secure attachment between child and mother. It occurred to me that it would be relatively simple for someone with the right expertise to do a study that looked at security of attachment in babies care for via "attachment parenting" and via one of the regimented models such as that promoted by the Ezzos. As far as I am aware this has not been done. Anyone know of anyone who might be interested in doing this research? It would be very interesting and useful research.

Karleen Gribble

Australia