From:
Cheryl Parrott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 12:56:36 EDT
This is an update to the 2 month old female with functional single left
ventricle.  Mom saw the cardiologist and he suggested EBM via bottle for
every feed.  Mom had already done some research so she is aware much better
to bf, but he really stressed need to count intake.  She waited a week for
dietician to call her with a fortifier "formula"  but never did, so her ped
gave her human milk fortifier and instructions on how to make 24 cal formula
if needed.  Mom now using quality breastpump and giving fortified breastmilk
when able.  Supply is depleting, mostly because of stress and delayed pumping
times while at work.  I have strongly encouraged her to make time to pump.
Next question?  Should I recommend herbs to her to help with supply?  I am
not sure about effects on a not so healthy infant.  Baby is on Lasix,
Aldactone and Digoxin.  Any advice?

Thanks!
Cheryl Parrott RN, BSN
Kokomo, IN