From:
Laura Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 16:36:18 EST
What Cathy Bargar describes is all too familiar to many of us who work in
hospitals. It can be very frustrating having to wear so many "hats" and be
called on to do such a variety of tasks. Why do we stay there? (I was just
asking myself that question last night.) Because I want to have a positive
inflluence on & make a little difference in the lives of a few new moms &
babies. I also hope that I can pass on a little education about breastfeeding
to those nurses (and others) that I work with. Suppose I left--there would be
one less person on the unit who cares about the breastfeeding relationship.

Please put me on the next train to Utopia!
Laura Hart, RN,BSN,IBCLC
Staff nurse and lactation consultant in Central Florida