From:
The Jones Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 23:45:37 -0700
Dr. Shaw,

Thanks for setting me straight on this issue.  I guess the reason I
thought breathing stopped during the seizure was that I remember trying
to mechanically ventilate a baby one time in the special care nursery
many years ago and was unable to do so.  He soon started breathing again
on his own.  When he was transported, the report came back that he was
having seizures (seizures often being much different and sometimes hard
to recognize in newborns).

I wasn't quite sure about that part when I wrote it, but was sure all
you fine docs out there would set me straight if I were wrong.

Thanks again.  I learned something.

Bonnie Jones, RN, ICCE, IBCLC
from the once again sunny S.W. USA