From:
Heleen Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:05:36 +0200
On 28 Jul 2003 at 16:25, Moshe & Susan Srebrnik wrote:

> Does anyone have any current information on breastfeeding in Arabic?
> Basic stuff - protocols; baby friendly info; breastfeeding management
> etc. I am working with a number of hospitals in Nazareth where the
> nurses can't read English and don't have the budget for translations.
> Any suggestions would be most welcome!

The Dutch breastfeeding association has made a page (Luckily
bilingual, Dutch & English) with gives breastfeeding sources in many
langues: http://www.borstvoeding.nl/talen.html

Arabic stuff with English versions of the same leaflet can be found
on:
http://www.health.gov.au/pubhlth/strateg/brfeed/nesb.htm
http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/index.html

The lady / group mentioned here can give you information of LLLI
publications in Arabic (she is in Israel):
http://www.lalecheleague.org/globalpublications.html#Arabic

Medela has arabic leaflets all .pdf's available at:
http://www.medela.com/NewFiles/bfdginfo.html

I can't read this: http://go.to/breastfeeding , but they do have
references to ICDC and WABA... Pictures and cartoons are
appropriate...

another site with Englis/Arabic
http://www.rwh.org.au/wellwomens/whic.cfm?doc_id=2461
http://www.babyfriendly.org.uk/parents/arabic.asp (also available in
English, Bengali, Gujarati , Hindi, Mirpuri, Punjabi, Spanish and
Urdu)

Just on HIV/AIDS and LAM:
http://www.fhi.org/en/Topics/breastfeeding.htm  You'll have to have
an arabic-speaking colleague find the right page.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/ccp/matls/irh.html

If you do a google search with the words 'breastfeeding arabic' you
will find the above links and many more.

--
Heleen Hayes
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hhayes