From:
Françoise Railhet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 12:11:48 +0200
Dear Joanne

So sad for your sister-in-law. The pronostic of this condition is not very
good (mortality 15 to 60%, about 50% with important aftereffects). Maybe the
chemotherapy plays a role. the most often, the etiology of this pathology in
unknown. The treatment is done with regimen without salt, antidiuretics,
digitalics, heparin... The pronostic and the aftereffects depends from the
rapidity of the recovery with the treatment. A new pregnancy can induce an
aggravation. I have no datas about this condition and breastfeeding, but I
don't think that the condition itself is a contrindication (enventually the
treatment, and even). It seems to me that its depends from the state of
health of the mother : is she well enought for breastfeeding ?

Kindly
Françoise Railhet
Manager of the LLL France Medical Associates Program