Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:22:22 -0500
Lara has asked about the Evenflo website and I will respond point by
point:

1. The first link you posted led to a photo of Evenflo bottles and
nipples. This is the pack shot that is permitted as I said in a
Canada and is not a violation of the Code. Please note yet again that
this is NOT a Code violation, it is permitted.

2. "The "The Baby is Almost Here, Are You Ready?" section recommends
buying a breast pump "now", before the baby is born, "rather than
later". (There are other issues I have with the checklist, including
the assumption that a woman will be birthing in hospital with an
obstetrician.)"

This has nothing to do with the Code. It is your personal opinion about
hospital birthing and use of pumps which you are certainly entitled to.
Please do not confuse this with Code issues. Some women appreciated
having a pump when they are engorged or if they have a late preterm
infant or other difficulty in the early days of initiating
breastfeeding.

3. Thanks for spotting the small logo at the bottom of the new parents
shopping list. I thought I had found all of them. I will have Evenflo
remove it immediately.

The "grand plans" are a work in progress and meet Code obligations. If
you have questions about Evenflo's work on Code issues, please let me
know and I am happy to address them. There is no marketing on the
Evenflo website. This has all been carefully constructed so as not to
violate the Code. The Code permits selling of these products. Please do
not confuse selling with marketing. Images of feeding bottles and
artificial nipples are permitted on the website as long as there is not
marketing text. I hope this clears up your concerns.

Marsha Walker, RN, IBCLC
Weston, MA