From:
Nan Jolly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:13:30 +0200
She needs to have the baby with HIV antibodies tested for HIV - viral load.

If baby only has antibodies acquired from the mother, and no virus, then
there is no danger of infection.  If there is HIvirus present, then there is
a risk of cross infection.  In which case I would not breastfeed the baby,
despite knowing that it would benefit the adopted baby.
Nan Jolly M.B. B.Ch. LLLL
Port Elizabeth, South Africa