Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:08:46 -0700
>she has told me that she is going in for an elective caesar at 37 weeks
because her
>partner is large,

What is this GP smoking?  I would be afraid if she were my GP.  Who would
elect to have this major surgery before even knowing what size her baby will
be?  My kids are always 8 plus pounds at 37 weeks, and I can't imagine their
size if I ever went all the way to 40 weeks, but I would NEVER elect a
c-section just because they are so big!  As a dr. you would think she would
realize that the human body can do amazing things and that she will most
likely be able to handle birthing a baby even if it's 10 plus pounds.
Haven't we been doing this for thousands of years?

Melisa