Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 00:05:43 -0400
Whenever I have phoned Red Cross and local hospitals
about donating blood,I have been told that it is fine to do
so while breastfeeding. However, my own judgement
was to wait until my kids were not relying totally
on me for their nutrition. When they were well
established in solids I gave blood. This is
not based on anything scientific, just my
own sense of things.
  Hope this is helpful.
    Naomi Bar-Yam

New England Complex Systems Institute