From:
Katte Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 22:43:21 -0700
I have a friend struggling with a massive infection (ear, has spread
to lymph).  She is nursing her 7mo baby but feeling awful guilty about
it while taking all these meds.  She is on (started fri morning)
Augmentin 850mg 3x/day, (started thursday night) keflex 500mg 4x/day,
and (started friday noon) vicodin 5mg 2x/day. She is eating very
little, *way* stressed, 4 kids incl. baby.  Husband stressing over the
medical expenses due to no insurance.  Tonight she tells me on top of
eveything else she cannot let-down her milk for the baby.  She noticed
it about 2-3 hours ago.  My question is:  Could it be the Vicodin
inhibiting the let-down reflex?  Or is it all the stress or
combination?  my suggestions were:  turn lights down low, drink warm
tea, no reading (because she picks up things like the Ezzo crap that
just makes her more angry-she's against them), vegitate (sp), lavender
and valerian aroma therapy, back masage from dh to stimulate nerve
endings for let-down.  What else?  I know the two anti biotics are ok
while nursing, and the vicodin is also, but what about the comination
of them?  She is also taking acidopholis.  Any suggestions would be
great!  TIA Katte