From:
Judy Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 10:10:55 -0400
I find this thread very helpful and enlightening. I work in a
multicultural/multifaith setting. I don't know alot about the influences of
different faiths throughout history. Culture and faith have historically
been intertwined. You all might be interested to learn that in Vaishnavism,
the followers worship God in His form as Krishna, a young boy who spends
his days tending calves with his young friends. In the evening they bring
in the calves from the forest and all rush home to their loving mothers to
nurse. I heard this story at that home place in India. It was so sweetly
told that I was in tears by the end of the story. The vedic literature
refers to Krishna's mother's milk flowing as she thinks of Him, or when
some monster tries to get Him, then his mother is so relieved when He is
saved that she nurses him. Very endearing stories; an ancient and enduring
culture that most folks don't hear much about. Judy