From:
Laura Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 02:14:12 EDT
In a message dated 10/23/98 9:55:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< "Express Yourself"

 by Carolyn Molly

 Several years ago, a friend of mine was preparing for the birth of her second
 child. Among the many priorities was to ready her three year old daughter for
 the arrival of a younger sibling. Because she was planning to breastfeed, she
 thought it important to introduce her toddler to this concept by having her
 view
 an age-appropriate video on the subject. My friend wasn't sure how much of
the
 video took hold with her little one and was somewhat concerned about her
level
 of preparedness for this part of the new family adjustment.

 One day while driving in the car, the precocious three year old took in a big
 mouthful of her drink, pouched out her cheeks and with both fists, propelled
 the
 liquid at the back of her father's head. When her mother, quite aghast, asked
 her what in the world she was doing, the child replied very simply,
 "Expressing
 my milk." My friend was very impressed with her young one's level of
 comprehension and retention of the video. Dad, on the other hand, restrained
 his
 excitement until the milk stopped dripping down the back of his neck!

 Carolyn Molly
 Cape May, NJ>>

It is unfair to make us laugh this hard!  I really enjoyed this. Recently
helped a friend through his same dilemma...fairly good book available at our
public library. "Aren't You Lucky" written if I remember correctly by Ann
Arnholdt.  Out of print and have been unable to obtain a copy of my own, but a
positive sibling book which depicts BF well and positively.....(Mom goes to
hospital for birth, so maybe not appropriate for all)
Laura Wright