Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2011 08:37:56 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (33 lines)
IN our area, LC's who are RN's are paid the same as RN's, according to experience and area of specialty. It has gone back and forth - with times when med-surg nurses were paid less than critical care nurses, but now there seems to be even pay practices.  Make sure you are considered direct patient care provider and not educator as sometimes educators are paid less. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rosalie Krauss
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 9:45 PM
Subject: Hourly hospital LC salary--Phila,Pa

Hello,
I was just offered a part-time (16hrs/week) position as a lactation consultant in a small community hospital. I am hoping to receive input on average starting LC hourly salary.  I currently work in this hospital as an RN and my salary is not the greatest.  I was hired as a new nurse so I started at a relatively low hourly salary and then the economy tanked (as did our hospital raises). 
   My hospital is in the Philadelphia, PA suburbs and is currently in the process of a major expansion.  In the fall we will have NICU with much higher acuity babies and our breastfeeding polices/practices are from the stone ages.  The job would entail a great deal of working on creating new policies, collaborating  with ob practices to facilitate lactation education and a great deal of staff education.  In short I am a new LC and I would really have my work cut out for me. Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much
Rosalie Krauss

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2