From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2014 08:45:30 -0600
opened one today and it is LLLI Guidelines for Milk Donations - to the LLL Leader whose group is asked to donate milk. 1976!!! Pre HIV, various Heps etc.Updated in 1980. Next was Establishing An Institutional Milk Bank by Barbara Popper and Betty Ann Countryman. Life was simpler then. I guess I'll just keep them in the History of Infant Feeding Files. You wouldn't believe the size of that file - so many things we held to be true over the ages that have gone by and then there was that 1935 video the other day - hope you all watched it! Amazing. And the work to go through to prepare formula! I thought the part about measuring the temp was mind boggling. Do that while the baby screams?

next I found a Lactnet post from July 1997 from Laureen Lawlor-Smith. It must have impressed me at the time so I printed it out. (You don't know how many Lactnet posts I've been finding!) It was about mother's milk saving a baby monkey in Australia!!! Made me teary to re read it. It was a note from Sue Murray an LC in AU. Go to archives July 1997, week 4 to read it.  Pat in SNJ