From:
Tracy Massillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2014 22:18:17 -0700
Not to be an alarmist, but I have worked with a few babies who have had good milk transfer but don't gain well and it ended up being chromosomal disorders. With my clients, we had the mom stop nursing and pump & bottle feed exclusively for 3-4 days and check weight gain. Not ideal, but If baby is truly getting adequate intake, he should gain. The pedi should do a more expansive genetic work up if the baby isn't gaining.

Follow your hunch about this baby!

Be well,
Tracy Massillon, IBCLC
Lactation Consultant, Educator, Doula