From:
Judy Canahuati <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:45:00 -0700
Dear friends:

Denise Arcoverde from WABA sent us this note on Lactivist and I pass it on
to you, in case you haven't seen it yet.

Judy

Dear friends,

One more time we're joining efforts to promote breastfeeding during World
Breastfeeding Week. The theme, this year, is "Breastfeeding: Education for
Life". And I'm so glad to write you to announce that we finally have our
1999' WBW website!

I'd like to thank Judy Canahuati who was our main writer for the 99'action
folder and, as always, she did a wonderful work!

Since our WBW theme is related to education, we created a "children's
corner" in our website. So, please, spread this information with your
friends and schools and we hope that it can be very useful to stimulate the
breastfeeding education with the kids!

So, run to the WABA Website - www.elogica.com.br/waba and click on WBW and
we hope you and your family will have fun with all this information:

* Planning your WBW

Building an Action Plan.
Ideas for Action.
Leave your comments, questions, or suggestions in our Guestbook
Write to WABA Secretariat to request WBW folder and posters
How to contact WBW Coordinator.

* WBW '99 Action Folder

Action Folder - English
Folleto para la Accisn - Espaqol
Folder de Agco - Portugujs

* WBW '99 Fact Sheet

Breastfeeding: Education for Life (English)
Amning: Ldra fvr livet (Swedish)
Allaitement Maternel: Une Icole pour la Vie (French)
Allattamento al seno: educazione per la vita  (Italian)

* WBW '99 poster

Click here to see our WBW'1999 poster

* Case studies on Breastfeeding and Education

Musings of a health researcher regarding a breastfeeding-class health
strategy for adolescents - Canada

New York State Dept. of  Health Brestfeeding Curriculum - USA

Proyecto Lactancia Materna en la Escuela - Argentina

Milky Way Project - Community education - Brazil

* Children's corner

Enjoy our "Breastfeeding page for children":

Mammals? What is That??? (English)
Mamiferos??? ?Qui es eso? (Espaqol)
Mammferos? O que i isso??? (Portugujs)

Breastfeeding is an Ecological Act (English)
Amamentar i um Ato Ecolsgico (Portugujs)

Mariana Breastfeeding doll (English)
Mariana, a bonequinha que amamenta (Portugujs)

Thai Children Art Gallery (English)
Galeria de Arte das Criangas Tailandesas (Portugujs)

* Other resources:

La Leche League children's books on breastfeeding
Breastfeeding doll

* WBW'98 International Report

Leave a message in our guestbook! We will be waiting for your feedback!

HUGS to all,

Denise Arcoverde
World Breastfeeding Week Coordinator
Origem - IBFAN Recife - WABA Brasil

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail
account at http://www.eudoramail.com

Judy Canahuati, MPhil, IBCLC
mailto:[log in to unmask]
World Breastfeeding Week 1999:"Breastfeeding: Education for Life"