From:
Jclcbcjc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 06:33:16 EDT
As with any job in which you are dealing with the public, you are going to
encounter all types of people. One has to have patience at times when wanting
to respond quickly with what you may want to say, and what you should
say.People have varied life experiences, many different than our own, and
acceptance of these differences can be a good start to just how we will
respond  to a situation.

Many women will pump, nurse, wean, whatever- using information that they
believe to be correct. Sometimes it can be helpful to start by finding one
positive action that they are doing and praise them for that ("I'm so glad
you've decided to pump")
There will always be those who choose to handle their situation on their terms
and in their way.....some will use all of your suggestions, maybe some of your
suggestions, and perhaps none at all.

I like the following quote, can't give credit where credit is due:

"No-one cares how much you know, until they know you care"

Jackie Cantley,BS IBCLC  WIC
Pittsburgh PA