From:
Rachael Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:23:53 +1000
Hello wise women!
I have a question. I am a coeliac and so is my son. So when my daughter turned 6 months we have introduced gluten free food into her diet. Actually I don't really plan on introducing gluten in at all given family history and it's easier that way for me not to have to prepare to foods. My question is, does gluten pass through breastmilk? When I have been a bit naughty and eaten say a piece of glutenous crumbed fish, she gets runny greens poos. I didn't think it would pass through in a form that would effect her if she is a coeliac. What are your comments and experiences?
Blessings,
Rachael
GentleBirth Pregnancy and Birth Education
Rachael Austin
Independent Midwife and Childbirth Educator
Ph: (07) 49 931 213
Fax: (07) 49 931 341
Mob: 0419750 780
Email: [log in to unmask]
www.gentlebirth.com.au

"Let us support one another, not just in philosophy but in action, for the sake of freedom for all women to choose exactly how and by whom, if by anyone, our bodies will be handled."  Linda Hessel