From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 02:15:42 -0400
Hi All,
Just got a call tonight that a friend/client has been hospitalized for a
blood clot in her leg.  She is on Heparin and will be on Coumadin after
release (which we have no idea when that will be).  They are telling her that
she will be given Darvocet for pain.  I cannot find this med in my new Hale,
so am asking you out there for help.  Anyone know if it is OK?  How strong is
this drug?  Would ibuprofin or acetaminophin work as well?
This mom is trying to BF a 6wk old (she has never been able to establish a
full supply, we don't know why.  Everything checks out OK, tho Dr refuses to
check the pituitary, say he will have to do an MRI to do that.  Is that true?
 She is only able to prooduce 1/3 of baby's daily intake, though with BF it
seems to be slowly increasing.), and does NOT want to quit.  The challenge
now will be to see if baby will go back to breast after being away from Mom.
TIA All!  Glad to know you are here as a resource as well as support.  I am
very worried about this mom.   She has been told she could die if the clot
breaks loose.

Jay