From:
Lisa Marasco IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2013 06:09:09 +0000
I did a follow-up today on a mom who has been struggling to make milk for many reasons. She charted her supplementation for me for the past 3 weeks so that we could see how our plan was progressing. The first week baby was taking 18oz formula a day, and by the end of that week was down to 15. Today she came in and I saw 20, 22, 23 oz and wondered, what the heck? My first question to her was whether she started birth control, and of course the answer was yes-- Micronor. I pinned down the date she started, and in the following two days the supplementation started to climb. Just add her to the pile of anomalous "birth control doesn't affect milk production cases.

~Lisa Marasco