From:
MOMCORGI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 15:34:23 EST
I have a pregnant mom who is due in May, and whose baby boy has just been
diagnosed with alobar haloprosencephaly.  Her baby's brain did not join
together properly, he has severe facial deformities and the baby is expected
to die shortly after birth.
She has asked me if the baby will be able to nurse when he's born.  I haven't
a clue.  Anyone know if these babies can suckle?  This is her third child and
she bf the two girls (2yo and 4 yo).  I have already spoken to her about
drying up her milk or donating it to the milk bank.  I'd be grateful for any
information (and for prayers for the family, if you are so inclined).
Cynthia D. Payne
LLL of Berkshire County Massachusetts