From:
Peg Merrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:29:07 -0500
PNS vs Symphony or Advance PNS

<< When I used the PinS (not advanced) you could only adjust

> PNS vs Symphony or Advance PNS
>
> << When I used the PinS (not advanced) you could only adjust
>> the suction, same with the classic in the hospital, and a few others
>> I've used.  Maybe I'm mistaken?>>
>
> Nope.  I was, you're right, at least on the last  model I saw of the
> pns, you can't adust the cycling speed, just the suction.  yet another
> reason to go witht he more resasonably piced PY.

We sell all of these pumps, so I work with them on a daily basis.  The newer
model of  PNS has had  both a speed and suction adjustment for 3 or 4 years.
You can also adjust the speed on the advanced, and the way I understand it
the cycling strength increases with the speed dial, so if you turn it up to
a 3 or 4 speed you are also increasing the suction.  The initial let-down
phase is lower suction,faster speed to stimulate let-down, if mom doesn't
push the let-down button sooner it swithes to the expression phase at 2
minutes which is a slower speed, but stronger suction.
We let moms do a pump trial before purchasing, and time and time again
people choose the PNS over the PY because of the noice the PY makes.

I have no financial interest in either of these pumps - just wanted to
claify the point about the PNS not having a speed adjustment.
Peg Merrill, IBCLC