From:
ANNE R EGLASH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 May 2016 19:35:41 +0000
Hi Christine,
I had not heard of this pump. What I notice is that it seems to just have one shield size, unless I just cannot find other options on the web. It also does not have a rechargeable battery. Its plusses are that it is a closed system, it separates out speed cycle and suction, and it has battery option.
The Medela PIS is an open system, requires lots of batteries for its battery option, and does not separate out suction from speed, which I think is a problem for many women.
I would really want to check pressures on it before recommending it, and see if there are other shield sizes.
It is worrisome that the DME companies are making decisions about what will be provided. One has to wonder what sort of incentive(s) they receive or other factors that lead to their decisions about pumps.
Anne

Anne Eglash MD, IBCLC, FABM
Clinical Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
Medical Director, Mothers Milk Bank of the Western Great Lakes
Founder and President of The Milk Mob, dedicated to building Breastfeeding Friendly Medical Systems and Communities