From:
Jenny Doncon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2009 07:35:29 +0800
My son has ASD and was breastfed for almost 3 years, as were both his
sisters, neither of whom have it.  I had a paper on breastfeeding and
autism, but it is lost on my old computer.  I will try to hunt it down
for you.  Basically it stated (if my memory serves) that breastfeeding
seems to mitigate some of the symptoms, so the child will still be
autistic, but not so bad.  The statistics also state that if you have
one child with autism you have a much greater chance that a second one
will have it, so it is possible her daughter will get it.  Although
girls seem to get it less than boys.  So far my second son who is 2
shows no signs, and he been EBM fed from birth, so from my very small
sample, it isn't the milk that does it.  As he is missing some of the
interactions that feeding gives.

Jenny Doncon
ABA BC (expressing at the computer so tied down at the moment)