From:
CyndiMom23 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 17:58:36 EST
I'm dealing with a mother who has been told by someone in the NICU that she
can not express milk for her baby because of the "combination" of drugs she is
on.
Only one on  the list is unfamiliar to me:  Dilaudid (sp?), keflex, mepergan,
atavan, and ibuprofen.  I looked in the archives for dilaudid, but I am not
sure of the spelling.  The mom is very unsure of herself and doesn't really
know what's going on.  I don't think the baby was a preemie, he's just sick.
Is there any reason that a combination may be less safe even when each
individual drug is acceptable?