From:
Carol Brussel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 20:14:56 -0400
dear debbie,

there are, of course, a few specific things to offer to this mother who just
isn't bf the baby despite the successful latch on, but it helps to remember
in general that there are some who just won't, and we may never know why.
often there are issues involved that we can never know about, and
occasionally there is the mother who wants to say, well, i tried everything.
i even called (whomever, lll or lc, etc.), and they tried everything, but
nothing worked. and that will be the story they will tell.

and you will just need to concentrate on the success stories, and be
satisfied that you offered all you could to this family.

carol brussel