Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:55:03 EDT

In a message dated 3/12/2007 7:52:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I  have a questions for you or any other IBCLC that would like to
contribute.  I am an environmentalist. New textbooks for school
children are going to  be written in NY. As a volunteer
environmentalist leader I have been  invited to participate, providing
information and opinions on what content  these books should have. As
an IBCLC sure I want to introduce  breastfeeding. I see this as an
opportunity for us to show the children  early of the benefits of
breastfeeding. Do any of you have a  suggestion?

i just watched 'an inconvenient truth' w/ my 7 & 5 1/2 yo sons last  night.
they were very concerned w/ what we are doing in our home to help w/ the
global warming crisis. i pointed out that we breastfeed exclusively and cloth
diaper, among other things. i asked them how they think breastfeeding can help  to
not add to global warming. my 7 yo said if you don't use formula, you don't
add to the dumps all the trash and containers from it. he also pointed out if
nobody used formula, we wouldn't need the factories which pollute the sky and
 help trap the 'bad hot air' around the earth. my 5 yo added that breastfed
babies don't use pacifiers or bottles so there's 2 other kinds of factories
and  more trash we wouldn't need if everyone could breastfeed. they also said
breastfed babies' poops don't pollute the environment as much w/ stink as
formula poops do...but i'm not sure how that could be worded for a textbook, so
that can just be a tidbit for the enlightenment of us lactnetters! LOL

jacqui gruttadauria, bsw
near detroit, michigan
http://www.aol.com.