Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:57:35 EDT
In a message dated 8/16/2004 4:08:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

The  first thoughts I had were to make sure the breast flanges were large
enough  for your daughter's nipples. I see a lot of women that need the largest
flanges and pump greater quantities with them. I would say maybe half my  WIC
clients with premature babies need the bigger flanges (and the Ameda  standard
flanges we use are larger than the Medela standard ones). Also,  someone
needs to check her Classic pump with vacuum gauges just to make sure  it is
working properly. Is baby at breast at all?

Hi Kathy,

Thanks so much for your thoughts.  The flanges are large enough, but  it
might not hurt to give her the next size up just for the heck of it.   Can't hurt
-- might help!!  Thanks for the idea.  And I'll take the  gauge up the next
time I go see her and check the pressures -- also a good idea,  though I think
it is working fine.  (One of my rental pumps).  Baby  isn't at breast at all
for food -- he'll go on briefly for non-nutritive  sucking.  Tongue tie still an
issue -- and when he wants food, he wants it  NOW and FAST.

Again, thank you!

Jan