From:
DANI HUDSPETH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 08:19:41 -0500
I am excited about the responses I have received from people wishing to obtain copies of the protocol.  It is 8 pages long, though, so I will need to fax it to everyone who wants a copy, or snail mail it.  I have already sent out about 15 copies, and I now have 9 additional requests.  If each of you could email me privately with your snail address or fax numbers, I would appreciate it.  I tried to fax a copy to someone in Australia, and the fax wouldn't cooperate - our unit may have a limit on how long distance it can get?... Our census has been so incredibly high  with high acuities that I have not had the opportunity to ask my clinical manager about faxing out of country.  Meanwhile, if you live out of country - I'll probably need your snail address.  I'll  plan to mail copies out on Monday when I return to work.

I worked until  9:30 pm last night  in the NICU,  and still did not see all of the people I needed to!!!   We have admitted so many  babies and discharged so many, that I was having trouble keep up with who was breastfeeding and who wasn't, and where they were - we kept moving them around to adjust for acuity and staffing.  I really felt like my head was spinning.   I was bone tired and felt like I did not even want to see another breast for at least a week - do you all ever feel that way?  Anyway, I'm better this morning, thank God.  Thanks for listening to me whine.

Dani Hudspeth BSN, RN, IBCLC