From:
Jan Yberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 17:55:56 EST
Hi Lactnet friends!!

I thought it might be uplifting to hear a happy ending to a media incident:
On Tuesday of this week, the Grand Rapids TV station (woodtv.com) ran a short
blurb on the AAP recomendations, with the same ending that many heard, "Well,
that's the recommendation, but is it realistic?"

I responded by email, and requested a chance to meet with the health reposter,
Heather Herron.  They called me the next day and asked me to come on the 5PM
news next Wed (12/10) and be a part of a segment where an issue is presented
and the phone lines are open to callers!!!  YAHOO!!!

So, I encouraged those in the West/Central Michigan area to call in to Channel
8, Suzanne Geha and FLOOD the lines with calls.  For those outside the area,
how about giving some positive feedback to a TV station willing to respond in
a positive way?  By email: www.woodtv.com, attention Heather Herron or Suzanne
Geha.

Wish me calm next Wednesday!

Jan Yarberry, RNC, IBCLC