From:
ryansangel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 18:27:20 -0400
I meant to type this in a few days ago, but my isp switched servers and I
was without the computer for DAYS.  Talk about withdrawal....

here's the letter to the editor from Elle mag.

"Back to Nature  I have an answer to Michele Owens' speculation on why
allergies are advancing along with civilization ("The Big Sneeze", June).
It's in the way babies are fed.

As a new mother, I was introduced to the many benefits of breast-feeding-
one being help in allergy prevention.  In countries with low allergy rates,
I would bet that the number of people who were breastfed as infants is
fairly high.  Many who are affected by allergies now are products of the
formula-fed generation.  We have forgotten the basics:fruits, vegetables,
and breast milk-- not cookies, candy and formula.  Allergies aren't caused
so much by things in nature are they are by things unnatural.

Kathleen Lesnau
via Email"
This was in the August 99 issue of Elle Magazine

Just a side note of humor, I hope you all don't mind.  Yesterday my dh
wanted to go see the Hooter Girls who happened to be at an open house for a
auto parts store.  My breastfed son, now 28 months, got his picture taken
with the girls.  As soon as we snapped the camera he put his hand on the
girl's breast.  When she gave him back to me she said, " he must be
breastfed, he sure likes boobs!"

Hehe....

Maggie