From:
Tania Archbold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2010 13:11:47 -0700
In Canada most women who work full time for an employer are eligable to take 50
weeks leave.

The first 16? weeks are maternity leave and the remaining is parental (could be
taken by father or mother).   It has been about 6 years since I took mine and I
was eligable for approx 55% of my working salary (up to a certian maximum).  I
think the rules have changed slightly and there was some talk of including self
employed mothers as well, but I can't remember if that went through.  Parents of
adopted children are also eligable for leave, but I am not sure if it is for the
whole 50 weeks or  a shorter duration.

Here is a link for the details

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/lp/spila/wlb/wfp/11Maternity_Leave.shtml

Tania Archbold
LLLC leader Guelph, ON, Canada
IBCLC candidate July 2010 (10 days and counting!)