From:
Kellie Whitney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 12:51:07 -0800
What to do???

  The ONLY food my dog can eat without loosing all of his hair (literally) is Purina One. We have tried all other premium brands available in grocery stores, and they all make him chew his hair off. He is very allergic to many things. I'm sure there are superpremium brands available that would work for him, but there is no way we can afford to buy them. He did have some of my Mohter-In-Law's dog's food (some super-hyper-premium venison and brown rice formula) and had no reaction, but I am unwilling to spend more on my dog's food than I do on my childrens' food!

  Also, here in the U.S. there are times when the processed, usually Nestle, stuff IS less expensive than the fresh, whole alternative. I used to be a coupon lunatic, and I would be able to feed my family of 4 for about $35/week. This with a very picky husband who will not consume any meat-free dishes). Unfortunately, many of the products were processed. I would only "buy" Nestle if the coupon made the item free. Maddening, really.

  I am not trying to be a Nestle apoligist or anything. It's just that I have been in a position where the options were buy cheap "bad" food or not feed my family, and I will chose the "evil" Nestle any day over hungry kiddos. SO happy I am in a slightly better position now!

  Kellie Whitney