From:
"Mading, Winifred" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:04:10 -0500
I know this has been posted before, but I haven't seen this particular use.
I don't think it would be a problem considering all the parameters, but
thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts to the contrary.
Baby is 3 years old-only nurses occasionally for a few minutes only.  Mom
even questions whether there is any milk there.
Mom to take 10 mg methotrexate (5 mg in AM and 5 mg in PM) once a week for
arthritis.
My feeling is that the amount would be insignificant under these conditions!
I suggested that if she thought there was a concern she might avoid nursing
for 6-8 hours after taking each dose.
Am I on track or are there concerns wen in this situation.
Winnie Mading RNC, IBCLC.