Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:29:38 EDT
Dr Jack,

I have to agree with everyone who says that this is normal behavior. My son
(now 4yrs) weaned at 20 mos. He still puts his hand down my shirt as well as
his many aunts. He still pats women's breasts if he is upset and they are
trying to comfort him (falling down, fighting with cousins etc).
I can't see where weaning this child would make any difference. I would
suggest to the mother to start teaching her son what she feels is acceptable
behavior. She needs to make sure the daycare knows that this is a development
issue not a BF issue and that weaning her son will most likely make him more
aggressive.

Just my $.02

Cheryl L Tompkins CLC
Phoenix, AZ  USA