From:
Margie Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:20:59 EDT

Roni

We had the "educational lunch" at work yesterday... unfortunately, I missed
most of it because I was working with a client. By the time I arrived, the rep
 (who never looked up once I entered the room) was talking about keeping
formula  use within the numbers we are allowed. Apparantly, some hospitals give it
out  like water, but we are keeping within our boundaries (!)

The rep knew our breastfeeding rates, knew how many were WIC moms (who get
another brand), knew our birth rates and was crunching numbers and percentages
for the nurses so that they would know how she got the rate of usage for her
brand of formula. Amazing!  How did she get all of that? Why did anyone  give
it to her?

I digress...

The gist of her wrap-up was that we shouldn't use more formula than our
allotment. Fine with me! Hopefully, this new information will keep our use of  the
stuff in the low levels.

As others have asked... why did all the nurses need to attend? Was it  really
worth all those "nurse hours" when so many have been sent home due to low
census? I didn't see any information that really needed to be passed along to
everyone... just the nurse-manager, who could then tell us at next week's staff
 meeting.

In a message dated 4/25/2006 12:14:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,