From:
Ingrid Tilstra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2010 08:08:36 -0700
What kind of nipple soreness are you talking about, Julia?  Some women experience a minute of soreness at the beginning of nursings that gradually disappears over the first couple of weeks.  Or do you mean soreness caused by damaged tissue, thrush...?

Once you know what you're dealing with and have an idea of the mom's comfort level with mainstream / alternative treatments, you can choose from among those things that have some evidence behind them.  Personally, I tend towards the easiest, which is EBM, unless you're dealing with thrush, of course.

Ingrid
LLLL, IBCLC
British Columbia
Canada