From:
Pia Ruohotie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:01:17 +0000
Hello all Lactnetters!

I have been away for a while but returning now with a little question. I am
writing an article about the history of the breastfeeding. I have a
faintest memory of reading somewhere that Julius Caesar (or maybe one of
the other Roman writers) wrote in disapproving tone about women of nobility
who did not breastfeed their children but gave them to wet nurses. I
searched the archives but found nothing. Do anyone have a quote about this
or do I just have to skip the idea?

I am very thankfull of your help!

Warmly,
Pia Ruohotie, RN and breastfeeding counsellor
from Helsinki, Finland
mother of two daughters