From:
Annelies Bon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 10:46:15 +0000
Newman wrote:

<<<
I would get the vitamin K.  It's not such a big deal.>>>

I wish this was true. Here in the Netherlands get vit K. in drups. These
drups are made from... peanut oil.

Last year there was an article in BMJ (sorry I still haven't the exact
refs), about the raise of peanut allergy in breastfed children in UK.
They found out it was very probably due to the routineusly prescribed
Kamillosan for sore nipples. Kamillosan is also based on peanut oil.
(You cannot ensure there are no traces of the peanut protein in it).

Fortunately a few people are started to investigate it. One pharmacist
has announced to research it, and the medical advice board of the Dutch
bf organization is informed too (I don't know yet if they'll investigate
the case).

regards,
--
Annelies Bon
bf counsellor in training of the Dutch bf org "Borstvoeding Natuurlijk"