From:
"A. Montgomery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 20:19:00 -0800
Hi all.  I'll be giving a one-hour lecture to the residents next week
(Dec.7) and have decided to start with a "pretest" to get them thinking.
I have a few ideas for true/false or short answer questions that are
likely to be a bit provocative, but would guess you all could come up
with a few zingers for me as well.  I'm looking for medical facts that
are not well taught or are "new", as well as more social or
anthropological information (Kathy D are you there?).  My goal for the
talk is to convince at least a few of them that they should really *care*
whether or not the mothers they care for choose to breastfeed.  I'd like
the intro questions to help them see breastfeeding in a different
light/ stretch their imaginations/ provoke discussion. (Note:  these are
bright residents who in general support breastfeeding, at least in a
medical-mainstream sort of way.)

Please email privately.  I'll collate and post some of the best to the list.
Thanks.

--
Anne Montgomery, M.D.
St.Peter Hospital Family Practice Residency