From:
DEBBIE ROBERTSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:11:26 -0500
I really like the idea of the pins that read "Ask me about
breastfeeding"

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/31/02 10:11PM >>>
I hope everyone has some interesting and attention getting plans for
the
week. This is what I have planned for each day of the week for the
hospital:

Thursday: A desert party with-- a cake in the shape of a woman in a
bikini,
with a tatoo of the saying Happy Breastfeeding!" One of the nurses made
it.
We also will be  having breast cupcakes, cookies with appropriately
placed
chocolate chips, raisins or candy pieces. Also, chocolate milk.  Also
we have
Gold ribbons for the staff to wear. I also have a large yellow mum for
the
front desk with a sticker that says "Breastmilk: the Gold Standard in
Infant
Feeding". We also had printed certificates for the moms who are
breastfeeding
this week that says  "Congratulations on giving your baby the best.
World
Breastfeeding Week 2002".
Friday: I am posting posters in different locations on the floor with
Breastfeeding facts. The staff can complete a quiz with answers from
the
posters. We have stationary sets for prizes ( found those at a
clearance
sale!). They have to also give the poster number of where they found
the
answer. The posters are mounted on metallic poster board with gold
ribbons in
the corners. I also made posters for the supervisor's doors with health
facts
about breastfeeding and Gold ribbons in the corner..
I also made posters with just about 6 facts on them (large font so they
are
easy to read) and the saying " Breastmilk: the gold standard" and put
in all
the patients room.

Monday: Hugs and kisses for the staff in the lounge. (the candy kind).

Tuesday: Drawing for prizes. Breastfeeding books, pins and water
bottles.
Also the mum.

Wednesday: IBCLC Day. The staff will get notes saying : Ask a IBCLC
what the
initials stand for, how we got them, and if you can too!  We will be
wearing
buttons that say "Ask me about Breastfeeding".

All this and the exam in one week. I'm ready for a vacation!!!

Barb Whitehead, BS, IBCLC
Eastern NC