From:
Maurenne griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:45:29 -0500
 Jennifer from San Diego wrote:

The handout with the registration
> information has a picture of a stork carrying a baby holding the
> nefarious bottle, which in turn, is releasing 4 drops of what I
> seriously doubt is EBM.
> Does anyone with military medicine or nursing connections know who I
> should write to/talk to about this? Wouldn't a nice breastfeeding image
> demonstrate better support of optimal care and health?

I find all of this to be very strange as I thought the Naval Hospital in
San Diego had just received Baby Friendly recognition...

I've worked in a military setting on and off since 1988.  Some of the
others on the list that work in military settings may have some additional
recommendations.  My suggestion would be to write a formal letter to the
patient representative, the director of the prenatal program and the
hospital commander.  Did I miss anyone? Be sure each knows the other
received the same letter.  Then, if they do not contact you, follow up with
phone calls to each.

Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Pregnancy & Childbirth Contributing Editor
http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/pregnancy_childbirth
Manhattan, KS  USA